Sunday, March 04, 2007
Nan Chiau 60th Anniversary
The happy moments don't last long. They always pass with a snap. The day I had been looking foward to finally arrived and had already come to the end.
Nan Chiau Alumni was celebrating Nan Chiau 60th Anniversary yesterday and today. We combined with the Nan Chiau Primary Dancers to put up an item before sending the cyclist off for cycling island wide in the entire night.
We were supposed to report at 2pm. Before that I was having Social Studies & Additional Mathematics extra lesson. We were checking through the Social Studies paper. I was so surprised that I had passed my SS and it was not badly passed! I did not study for the paper at all! I thought I might have flunked it. Mr Seah was going through the paper and it was "drizzling" at my seat. His saliva kept dropping onto my table and MY ARMS! EWWWWW! During AMaths, Mr Koh was going through the Sums and he released us late! He told us he would end the remedial before 11.30am, but he ended the lesson at 11.53am! I was late.
I ran back home as I would be meeting Denyse and company around 12.30pm. I quickly showered and grabbed my bag and rushed to Compass Point. They were in Pizza Hut. I was not that rich to eat with them so I watched them. By the time they finished their lunch, it was already 1.45pm. On our way to Nan Chiau Primary, we saw Kee Lui and company. At first I thought that we would be earlier but ended up reaching at the same time.
We had our warm ups and went through the dance again and again. Then after that, we collect our costumes and we moved on to practice the other dance for the welcome ceremony which we combined with Nan Hua Dancers. Hann Bin was unsure of his movements and Mr Low told him to follow mine. I felt being pressurized somehow, as I might forget certain steps. After all these, we had our rehearsal, and then we changed to our costume, had our dinner and make ups. It was finally the performance and the foyer was crowded with many people. They were taking pictures and I kept seeing flashes of light. It rained before our performance and there were puddles on the floor.
After the performance, we quickly removed our make ups and changed back to our T-shirts. We moved on to practise the performance for the next day. Till 8.30pm, those who were not staying over night were released and those Nan Chiau students including the graduates must sweep the floor. I had my shower after that and watch a badminton match. Kee Lui VS Chuen Yong. They were very funny. The way dancers play badminton is very different from others. They had different stuns. They used left hands to hold the racket, then Chuen Yong was joking to use feet, and Kee Lui used his mouth to hold the racket. They were just so funny. Chuen Yong hit Kee Lui twice. Kee Lui kept losing to Chuen Yong till Shi Bin came to team up with Kee Lui.
After they finished their match, Stella and I took over the racket and we were playing for fun. I was calling and playing at the same time and I couldn't concentrate. Hann Bin joined in and team up with me. I became the background as I admit that I'm a badminton noob. I understand nuts about badminton rules. Another fellow from Nan Hua joined in and team up with Stella. I realised I am better using the left hand. We played for awhile and other Nan Hua Dancers took over. We turned out to have a badminton tournament at night.
The light out was supposed to be at 12am sharp. But they played till 12.30am. I could hardly fall asleep and the fan was blowing directly on me. I kept receiving calls from an unknown person and she called from Brazil. I was fed up and decided not to sleep. Most of the Nan Hua Dancers shifted to the Music Room. It was so quiet all of the sudden. Stella and I shifted to the centre of the hall. We chatted till 4pm and finally we could sleep. But i did not really fall asleep. I kept hearing footsteps of Pei Xuan and her friends. They did not sleep for the whole night.
We woke up at 5.45am this morning. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, changed to my costume, had my make ups and breakfast. We headed to Nan Chiau High School and on my way I SAW SHITSTEAD! We were so excited as if we had not seen each other for centuries. The final performance started. I screwed up during the performance. I forgot the steps in the middle of the dance. Luckily, Hann Bin did not follow my steps. Can't blame me for forgetting, I was still not awoke yet. We sang the school song and those Nan Hua Dancers must also sing with us. (If not others will suspect that they are not Nan Chiau's ex-students.) We had our second round of breakfast. Shitstead joined us. We were crapping and laming around and I think Hann Bin and his friends could not stand our lameness.
We went back to Nan Chiau Primary to get changed, removed our make ups and packed our stuff to prepare to leave. I left Nan Chiau Primary reluctantly. I there will not be such opportunity again. ):
In these two days, people accused me that I am only Secondary One or Two. People just never get my age right.
I washed my costume and my clothes when I reached home. I slept for the whole afternoon. I had to rush to complete my homework. My weekends are gone.
It rained when I woke up. I cried and cried. My mum was calling me for lunch. I pretend not to hear her as I don't want to let her know that I was crying. When she approached me, I pretend that I was still sleeping. I'm low-spirited. I just couldn't smile all of a sudden. Why? I just feel so sad but I don't know why I'm sad.
I was quite worried about Gao Mei's ( a nickname of a Nan Hua tall dancer, I'm not sure about her actual name) brother. He fell off from a guy's shoulder during the performance. Heard that he vomited blood and fractured his legs. Hope that he would be fine.
**********
I was hurt badly. I just don't wish to let anyone know. I feel like dumping my phone into the sea so that I could forget everything. People said that I am living in my dreamland. Can anyone wake me up?
lots of love @
17:40
... I believe it's possible
|l||l||l||l||l||
|