Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Waiting for the good news
Counting Down: EXACTLY A WEEK or rather 7 days left to SYF International Dance and my birthday.
Yea, I no longer count down for SYF Chinese Dance and Chinese Oratorical contest final. Because, it's over. Yeaa, today's the big day. Modern dance, all the best!
Today started of with receiving touching messages. Estelle, Shitstead, ZHU an, han and Isebella. Thanks for the good luck messages!
I didn't blog yesterday. It was the last SYF training yesterday and the very last dance practice in school for me. I have officially stepped down today. I went home to sew buckles on my ribbons and costume and I was advised to rest early so I didn't use the computer.
Woke up at 4.45am this morning. I went to wash up, get dressed and had my breakfast. I woke my dad up. I feel so guilty, he did not have a good night sleep. We went to fetch Jessie than my father drove us to school. My dad was so blur. He didn't even know that today's the competition. We reached school around 6am. Then we proceed to studio to change, bunned our hair and put on the make ups. Lynn helped me to bun my hair. This was the first time my hair is so neat with that hairstyle. Madam Ong helped me to put on the make ups. My complextion was too dark that I need to put 5 layers of foundation.
We practiced a twice before leaving to NUS UCC. I kept forgetting to hold on to my jacket when I proceed from place to place. Luckily Regina and Liang Yu helped me to hold on to my jacket.
OKAY, IT'S OUR TURN SOON! Mr Low came to give us his support. I was so touched! The competition had begun. OUR BATTLE. And it was over in a snap. I'm waiting for the result.
We stayed till 12pm to watch other school's performance. GMGSS, KCPSS and St Nicholas dance items were so great!
We left and reached the school around 12.35pm. I was walking all over the school to hunt for Mrs Hoo. People told me to go up the stage with make ups and costume. But Mrs hoo told me to change to school uniform and remove my make-ups and changed my hair to pony tail. Goodness. I didn't have enough time to fully remove my make ups. Actually, I intend to rinse my hair as my hair was harden due to a big chunk of gel spread over my head.
OKAY, ALL DONE. I proceed to the hall. I ran an errand for Mr Hareesh. He told me he would be dying of thirst. So I rushed down to buy a bottle of mineral water. And and and, people keep asking me about the result!
The string orchestra performed for the beginning of Assembly, then followed by chinese oratorical contest. The secondary 4 express classes had to leave the hall. Thanks Wan Xin & Ming fang for giving me support before Oratorical competition began.
I wasn't nervous about the competition at all. Thanks for all my supporters in hall -- MY DAUGHTERS (THEY SPECIALLY CAME DOWN FROM DANCE STUDIO JUST TO SUPPORT ME! I LOVE THEIR ATTITUDE, ONE FOR ALL; ALL FOR ONE!), international Dancers, secondary one chinese dancers, other juniors and 4B (haha! actually, they cheered for me was not because they are really supporting me, yea? teasing me indirectly.).
I WON THE CHAMPION! THANKS PEOPLE! I was so touched by the support from others!
I went for the English course and went home with stella and winnie.
********** *********** **********
What is a good leader? Does it sound familiar? Yeaa, I repeat this as this is dedicated to a particular person who wants to be a leader desperately but who doesn't know how to be a leader.
Well, a good leader shouldn't be demanding or always scold people. Well, respect the others' rights. Put herself in the others' shoes. Think how they feel before she makes her move. Not all the people will understand her intentions. Scolding everybody all the times is not a right way to make the team improve. At the end of the day, people won't apprecaite it and condem her. They would think that she is unreasonable and disliked her. She will gain no respect from them.
A good leader should not climb on top of her own leader's head. A good leader must show a good example to her teamates. She must respect her leader's decision, be it she likes it or not, she should not show her objection in front of her teamates. She should also respect people who are senior to her even if they do not have any position. No matter what, they are still older than her. Respecting the others is very important.
A good leader should not think highly upon herself. Humility is very important. Others' rights and decision should be respected. Her authorities should not be abused. When people disobey her, she should think through what had gone wrong? Is her method of commanding wrong? Do the others like her idea? She should accept the feedback from the teamates. She should learn how to accept help from the others.
A good leader must be understanding and compassionate -- showering the teamates with affection, care and concern. Not being too fierce.
A good leader should not scold her teamates immediately if she sees someone not progressing well. She must approach her teamates in a caring tone. But must truly from her heart. She shouldn't be sarcastic when people make mistakes. Hey, I make mistakes too, I doubt you don't!
A good leader must be firm but not in those demanding tone. People don't like it. It hurts their ears. Be firm so that people wouldn't climb on top of her. Being strict is important but must be flexible sometimes. At least people would not feel tensed up.
A good leader must take initiative and be responsible. She should not push all the blames on her teamates. She should identify the problem and get the right person to solve it.
A good leader must be patient. Even though her skill is good and more experienced than the others, she should guide the others patiently. Not everyone is fast learner.
A good leader must be motivating, convincing and enthusiastic. These would influence the others to be passionate with their mission. Encourage them to perservere when they attempt to give up.
All those elements mentioned are essentials of a good leader. At the end of the day, the teamates will respect her and obey her. There would not be any hatred. Everyone would be more cooperative and passionate. Considering about others' feelings is important!
I DISLIKE SEEING HER BEING SO ARROGANT, BOSSY, STUBBORN AND DEMANDING. IF SHE IS DYING TO BE THE LEADER, MAKE SURE SHE READS THIS. MAKE SURE SHE HAS ALL THOSE ELEMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE IN ORDER TO LEAD! I DON'T CARE IF THIS IS OFFENDING. BUT OTHER READERS DO NOT BE OFFENDED. I KNOW I'M MEAN, BUT I HAVE TO. THIS IS FOR THE SAKE OF THE OTHERS.
lots of love @
19:06
... I believe it's possible
|l||l||l||l||l||
|